Volleyball (3rd-8th Grade)
IMPORTANT DATES 2018
Reg. Deadline 3rd-5th......Oct. 12
Reg. Deadline 6th-8th......Oct. 5
Practice Begins 3rd-5th..Oct. 22
Practice Begins 6th-8th..Oct. 15
Jamboree 6th-8th.........Oct. 28
Regular Season...Nov 3-Dec 2
Volleyball Tourn........Dec. 7-9
3rd-4th Grade: ($90) -
Standard volleyball rules are modified to maximize success and fun. Teams are formed by school and grade. (If there aren't enough boys registered to form a team, they may participate on a girl's team). Teams play 8 matches. 3rd & 4th graders play with four players at a time on a small court with 6' net heights. Players receive a T-shirt.
Registration Deadline: October 12th - Registration Fee: $90
5th Grade: ($95) -
Standard volleyball rules are modified to maximize success and fun. Teams are formed by school and grade. (If there aren't enough boys registered to form a team, they may participate on a girl's team). Teams play 8 matches and 5th graders may enter the optional end of season tournament. 5th graders play with five on a court with 6' 5'' net heights. Players receive a T-shirt.
Registration Deadline: October 12th - Registration Fee: $95
6th-8th Grade ($125) -
Teams are formed by middle school and grade. Teams will be placed in Gold, Silver, or Bronze leagues based on skill. (If there aren't enough boys registered to form a team, they may participate on a girl's team). 7th and 8th graders are combined for middle school teams. Teams play a pre-season seeding jamboree and 12 regular season matches (two out of three game format) and are entered in the end of season tournament. 6th-8th grade volleyball follows high school rules/specifications (net height, court size and number of players). Players receive a T-shirt.
Registration Deadline: October 5th - Registration Fee: $125
IMPORTANT Team Formation Info for 6th-8th graders:
1. This fall - all 6th-8th grade Volleyball Coaches and Players in each High School area and age group (6th graders form teams in one location and 7th-8th graders are combined to form teams in another location), will meet as a group for the 1st week of team formation practices (Oct. 15-19)
2. Every player & coach in their age group/H.S. area will be required to attend these practices in order to be placed on a team.
3. Final rosters and team formation need to be approved by KIDSPORTS.
4. IF YOU CAN'T ATTEND THE TEAM FORMATION WEEK - you must contact the lead coach for your area or contact KIDSPORTS. We will make every effort to place you on an appropriate team.
Note for teams entering KIDSPORTS End of Season Tournaments:
- Only KIDSPORTS officially rostered regular season teams are eligible for tournament play.
- As a reminder and as stated in 2.04 of the KIDSPORTS Program and Coach Handbook:Tournament play requires that coaches play only athletes on their official roster in KIDSPORTS' regular season games and official tournaments.
- Any use of a non - rostered player (even if they are officially rostered on another KIDSPORTS team) is a severe breach of ethics and is grounds for immediate dismissal and game forfeiture. There is never a permissible reason to use a player that is not on the roster. If the coach has any questions he/she should speak with the KIDSPORTS Sports Manager.
- Coaches please make sure you are registering for the tournament with your official regular season roster. Lineup cards are required for tournament play.