The Valentine's Basketball Tournament
The Valentine's Tournament 2018
$195 Team Entry Fee
February 17th and 18th, 2018
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS!
KIDSPORTS announces the 2018 Valentine Tournament PCA (Positive Coaching Alliance) Award Winners for Coaches and Athletes. Each Award Winner Receives a $100 Dick’s Sporting Goods gift Certificate. (You can pick up the Dick’s Sporting Goods Gift Certificate at the KS Office at 2190 Polk Street, OR, please send us your snail mail address and we will send it to you in the mail)
PCA Double Goal Coach Award = A coach who strives to win (one goal), while pursuing the more – important goal of teaching life lessons (double goal) through sports by Honoring The Game.
- PCA Double Goal Coach Award for Boys Tournament = Winchell Jonas – Sheldon 6th Grade Boys
- PCA Double Goal Coach Award for Girls Tournament = David Donahue – Edgewood 5th Grade Girls
PCA Triple Impact Competitor = An athlete who looks to better themselves, their teammates, and the game guided by the ROOTS (Respect for Opponents, Officials. Teammates, and Self) of Honoring The Game.
- PCA Triple Impact Competitor for Girls Tournament = Logan Zolezzi - Lincoln Middle School 7th/8th Grade Girls
- PCA Triple Impact Competitor for Boys Tournament = Landyn Bryant - Springfield Blue 7th Grade Boys
- 5th Grade Girls
- 6th Grade Girls
- 7th-8th Grade Girls Gold
- 7th-8th Grade Girls Silver
- 5th-6th Grade Boys
- 6th Grade Boys Gold
- 6th Grade Boys Silver
- 7th Grade Boys Gold
- 7th Grade Boys Silver
- 8th Grade Boys Gold
- 8th Grade Boys Silver
- High School
RAFFLE Drawing and Prizes for 2018 Valentine’s Tourney -
1. The Grand Prize raffle draw will present the winner with a ½ OFF ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT Gift Certificate from Andy Bennion DMD Orthodontics. This certificate entitles the bearer to half off one *NEW PATIENT orthodontic case fee.
2. A $100 Dick’s Sporting Goods HONOR THE GAME GIFT CERTIFICATE WILL BE PRESENTED TO ONE PLAYER FROM One TEAM ON BOTH THE BOY’s and GIRL’S side of the bracket who best exemplifies the PCA PHILOSOPHY OF HONORING THE GAME AND THE PCA TRIPLE IMPACT COMPETITOR. The Honor The Game award winners will be selected by tournament organizers and officials. (For more information on the PCA Honoring the Game and the PCA TRIPLE IMPACT COMPETITOR see www.positivecoach.org)
3. A $100 Dick's Sporting Goods HONOR THE GAME GIFT CERTIFICATE WILL BE PRESENTED TO ONE HEAD COACH ON BOTH THE BOY’S and GIRL’s side of the bracket who best exemplifies the PCA Double Goal Coach Philosophy of Honoring The Game. The Honor The Game award winners will be selected by tournament organizers and officials. (For more information on PCA Double Goal Coach Honoring the Game see www.positivecoach.org)
KIDSPORTS invites you to the 18th year of The Valentine's Tournament! Join 5th thru 12th grade boys' and girls' basketball teams from around the area in an open mid-season tourney. When possible, multiple skill divisions will be formed at each grade. KIDSPORTS teams will not have regular season games scheduled this weekend (it is the mid-season break), and this tournament is designed to cater to teams of any skill level including silver and bronze level teams.
Standard high school rules will be played at all levels with timing modifications. All teams are guaranteed four games. Saturday and Sunday games may begin as early as 9:00am. Awards for first and second place winners.
- TOURNAMENT RULES
- TEAM ROSTER FORM
Print and complete this Entry Form and return with a team roster and your entry fee to:
2190 Polk St.
Eugene, OR 97405
Entries and payment must be received by February 9th, 2018.