Flu Season Recommendations
As flu season is upon us it is important to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Here are some general prevention tips for youth sports:
- Encourage coaches and parents to remind young athletes about healthy habits like frequently washing their hands and covering sneezes and coughs by using their arms rather than their hands
- Do not share drinks, including water bottles, etc.
- If possible, bring hand sanitizer to practice and games and have parents/children use sanitizer and wipes at practices and games.
- Wash uniforms, equipment and any other gear that is shared after practices and games
- Encourage parents to keep players home when they are not feeling well or have flu-like symptoms.