KIDSPORTS COACH APPLICATION PROCESS & ID CARD
Note: KIDSPORTS calendar year is based on August 1-July 31
HEAD COACHES: Please complete steps 1-7
ASSISTANT COACHES: Please complete steps 1-5 and 7
1. Coaches Application/ Background Check form. Every year, complete, sign, date and submit to your Sports Manager via email, fax or in person. New coaches must submit valid ID.
2. KIDSPORTS Coaches Pledge: read, sign and submit to your Sports Manager (yearly).
3. Concussion Training 3 options for completing: 1) online NFHS Course“Concussion in Sports – What you need to know,” enter the link below, complete the course and submit the certificate to your Sports Manager. https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61037 2) Complete training at coaches meeting. 3) Read, complete and turn in the signed concussion awareness-training document. (yearly)
4. **NEW NFHS Course: “Protecting Students” enter the link below, complete the course and submit the certificate to your Sports Manager via email, fax or in person (yearly) https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61157/protecting-students-from-abuse
5. Register Online as a KIDSPORTS coach each sports season: https://www.secure-sam.com/www.kidsports.org/sam/registration/reg_list.php or you can log on to the KIDSPORTS home page: www.kidsports.org click “Registration” in the left hand column and then “Register as a Coach”. This will eventually gain you access to your team roster.
6. HEAD COACHES ONLY – Complete the free online training course: “How to Coach KIDS” created by The Aspen Institute- Project Play and Nike Made to Play –this is a one-time course for all Head Coaches. Visit https://howtocoachkids.org/list/1. Register and complete the course, print certificate and submit to your Sports Manager.
7. KIDSPORTS COACH ID BADGE: ALL coaches - once you have completed the necessary requirements (see above) and have been approved by a KIDSPORTS Sports Manager – you are required to obtain your KS Coach ID Badge. This card is required to be worn and visible for all games. You can pick up or create your KS Coach ID Badge through one of the following methods:
Visit the KIDSPORTS office during normal business hours (8:30 AM – 5:30 PM, M-F)
Send an individual photo to email@example.com (minimum 8 mega pixel resolution) Please no hats or sunglasses
At KIDSPORTS Coaches Meeting. Photo opp.
Returning Coaches: Pick up renewal sticker at KIDSPORTS office or at Coach Meetings. Your ID Badge must be present for renewal sticker application
******** Benefits of KIDSPORTS Coach ID Badge (valid upon completion of requirement) ********
Free access to Bethel, 4J, and Springfield High School regular season athletic events
Access to the Portland based Nike Employee Store once per year (July)
Access to the Portland based Adidas Employee Store (once per sport season)
KIDSPORTS believes the above coaching requirements are very important coaching tools in order to be a successful coach. Any coach - whether NEW or RETURNING - who fails to complete the coaching requirements WILL NOT be assigned to a team.
Coaches must complete all steps prior to being approved and placed as a KIDSPORTS Coach. Completed Forms may be returned in the following ways:
A. Drop off at the Eugene KIDSPORTS Office 2190 Polk Street
B. Fax forms to KIDSPORTS: (541) 302-9430
C. Scan form and email to your Sports Manager
D. Mail to KIDSPORTS, 2190 Polk St., Eugene, OR., 97405
ALSO, once each school year every Klassic (5th-12th Grade) Soccer coach must register themselves on-line and complete the OYSA background check info on-line HERE at this link!!!
JESSE TURK, Sports Manager, SHELDON AND NORTH EUGENE AREAS
541-683-2374 ext. 106, firstname.lastname@example.org
BETH NITKOWSKI, Sports Manager, CHURCHILL AND WILLAMETTE AREAS
541-683-2374 ext. 111, email@example.com
JON BONGIORNO, Sports Manager, SPRINGFIELD/THURSTON AND SOUTH EUGENE AREAS
541-683-2374 ext. 101, firstname.lastname@example.org