KIDSPORTS COACH APPLICATION PROCESS & ID CARD
Note: KIDSPORTS calendar year is based on August 1-July 31
- HEAD COACHES: Please complete steps 1-6
- ASSISTANT COACHES: Please complete steps 1-4 and 6
1. Coaches Application/ Background Check form (Click Here): Every year, complete, sign, date and submit to your Sports Manager via e-mail, fax or in person. New coaches must submit valid ID.
2. KIDSPORTS Coach Pledge (Click Here): read, sign and submit to your Sports Manager (yearly)
3. NFHS Concussion course: "Concussion in Sports - What you need to know," log on at the following link, complete the free course and submit the certificate of completion to your Sports Manager via e-mail, fax or in person (yearly) - https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61037
4. Register online as a KIDSPORTS coach each sports season: http://kidsports.bonzidev.com/registration This will eventually gain you access to your BONZI team roster.
5. HEAD COACHES ONLY - PCA Course: complete the free online training course: "Double-Goal Coach" through the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) -this is a one-time course for all Head Coaches. Log onto http://shopping.positivecoach.org/Course/Double-Goal-Coach and click "register with voucher code." Enter the voucher code: EmeraldKids01 at top of registration page and complete the form. You will then be directed to the Double - Goal Coach Course. Complete course, print certificate, & return to your Sports Manager.
6. KIDSPORTS COACHES ID CARD: ALL coaches - once you have completed the necessary requirements (see above) and have been approved by a KIDSPORTS Sports Manager - you are required to obtain your KS COACH ID card (required for all practice and game access)through one of the following methods:
RETURNING COACHES: Pick up a renewal sticker at KIDSPORTS office or at coach meetings. Your ID Card must be present for renewal sticker application.
NEW COACHES: We need your picture!
Visit the KIDSPORTS office during business hours (8:30am - 5:30pm, Mon-Fri)
Send an individual photo (minimum 8 mega pixel resolution; Please no hats or sunglasses in photos, prescription lenses ok) by e-mail to email@example.com.
30 minutes prior to the start of each KIDSPORTS Coaches Meeting - Photo Op
****Benefits of KS Coach ID Card (*benefits valid upon completion of requirements):
i.) Free access to all Bethel, 4J, and Springfield High School regular season athletic events
ii.) Access to the Portland based Nike Employee Store one time per year (during the month of July with invite only)
iii.) Access to the Portland based Adidas Employee store (once per quarter with invite only)
iv.) Entry into the KIDSPORTS Coaches GRAND PRIZE Raffle Drawing at the end of the KIDSPORTS Sporting Season.
v.) Access to Eugene Based SportHill Products - 40% retail discount for coach/team apparel.
KIDSPORTS believes the above Coaching Requirements are very important coaching tools in order to be a successful coach. Any coach - whether NEW or RETURNING - who fails to complete the coaching requirements WILL NOT be assigned to a team.
Coaches must complete all steps prior to being approved and placed as a KIDSPORTS Coach. Completed Forms may be returned in the following ways:
A. Drop off at the Eugene KIDSPORTS Office 2190 Polk Street
B. Fax forms to KIDSPORTS: (541) 302-9430
C. Scan form and email to your Sports Manager
D. Mail to KIDSPORTS, 2190 Polk St., Eugene, OR., 97405
ADAM WILGUS, Sports Manager, SHELDON AND NORTH EUGENE AREAS
541-683-2374 ext. 112, firstname.lastname@example.org
BETH NITKOWSKI, Sports Manager, CHURCHILL AND WILLAMETTE AREAS
541-683-2374 ext. 111, email@example.com
PAIGE SCOTT, Sports Manager, SPRINGFIELD/THURSTON AND SOUTH EUGENE AREAS
541-683-2374 ext. 101, firstname.lastname@example.org