Chavez Elementary Physical Literacy Program
KIDSPORTS Physical Literacy Project provides age-appropriate opportunities for children to develop the FUNdamental skills of movement and sports: Agility, Balance, Coordination and Speed.
KIDSPORTS is again partnering with Cesar Chavez Elementary to bring the Physical Literacy Project to children attending Cesar Chavez Elementary in February of 2017. Children will learn movement and motor skills through fun, games, and activities that provide opportunities for children to learn to move their bodies with confidence and under control. The Physical Literacy Project's goal is to engage and motivate children to develop a lifelong pursuit of physical activity.
Why is the KIDSPORTS Physical Literacy Program important to Cesar Chavez children?
- Physical literacy development will not only help your child move their body confidently and in control, but as well, will aid in injury prevention, athletic performance, and provide a fundamental foundation for an active and healthy lifestyle!
When does the KS/Chavez Physical Literacy Project begin?
- The KS/Chavez Physical Literacy Project begins on Feb. 6th and ends on Mar. 6th. Each week will have 2 one-hour sessions (8 total hours of fun, games, and learning)
(NO SESSION ON MONDAY FEB. 20th, Presidents' Day)
- KS/Chavez Physical Literacy Project starts right after school on Mondays and Thursdays from 2:15pm to 3:15pm, starting on Monday Feb. 6th.
Who can take part in the KS/Chavez Physical Literacy Project and how do parents register their children?
- Chavez Elementary School children enrolled in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th grades are eligible to register for the Physical Literacy Project. (The sessions will be capped at 25 children - so register early)
- Parents need to register their children on-line or you can also register at KIDSPORTS: 2190 Polk Street, Eugene. 541-683-2374)
- The registration is first come first serve and sessions are capped at 25 registrants.
- Registration fee for the KS/Chavez Physical Literacy Project is $10.00 per registrant for 8 one- hour sessions. Scholarship Assistance is available