Spring football clinic
The 2016 KIDSPORTS Athletic Fundamentals & Football Program (KSAF&F)
KIDSPORTS in collaboration with Oregon Duck's Strength and Conditioning Coach Jim Radcliffe, local high school Head Football Coaches, and KS Volunteer Coaches, are excited to offer children aged 2nd through 8th grade an opportunity to take part in the Spring 2016 KIDSPORTS Athletic Fundamentals & Flag Football Program.
Oregon Strength and Conditioning Jim Radcliffe will train KS Certified Volunteer Coaches through professional development clinics leading up to the KSA & F programs start date. The KS Certified Volunteer Coaches will receive both classroom and on field training from Coach Radcliffe and they will then facilitate both the Sunday and Thursday sessions. Coach Radcliffe will be in attendance for a number of the Sunday sessions to coordinate and collaborate with the KS Certified Volunteer Coaches and to work with the athletes.
The KSAF&F program is also a great pre-season preparatory program for all summer and fall sports. If your child does not play either tackle or flag football, he or she can register for the Sunday athletic development sessions only.
Cost of the four 90 minute athletic development Sunday sessions is $32. The KSAF&F program is a great pre-season preparatory program for all summer and fall sports regardless of whether you play flag/tackle football or not.
This program is dedicated to helping children develop their individual athletic house through dedicated practices focusing on the child's physical and motor fitness capacities. Children will then have opportunity to apply these physical and motor fitness skills to the game of flag football. The KSAF&F program is a great pre-season preparatory program for all summer and fall sports including those interested in playing tackle football.
Why is developing physical and fitness motor skills important?
Team sport practices are generally devoted to sport specific skills and team technical and tactical strategies. There is little time during team sport practices for children to get instruction and opportunity to focus on and develop individual athletic skills like agility, balance, coordination, and speed.
Agility, balance, coordination, and speed are valuable in almost all sports. Developing these ABC's help growing children to improve general and important movement and motor skills which enhance their individual athletic performance and aid in injury prevention.
The KSAF&F program is all about helping children develop the important ABC's of athletic performance and then allowing these fundamentals to be immediately applied to the game of flag football.
The development of fundamental movement & motor skills is critical to establishing the foundation for effective and successful participation in many sports and physical activities. The KSAF&A program aims to provide opportunity for this important learning and development to take place.
When will the KSAF&F program take place?
- The KSAF&F program will take place in the month of May. There will be 4 Sunday sessions devoted to athletic development and 4 Thursday sessions devoted to applying the athletic development of skills directly to the game of Flag Football.
- Sunday Sessions: May 1st; May 8th; May 15th, May 22nd. Sunday Sessions are 3:30pm to 5pm, Location: South Eugene HS Turf
- Thursday Sessions: May 5th; May 12th; May 19th; May 26th. Thursday Sessions are 6pm to 7:30pm, Location: Graham Fields
- The KSAFF program will devote 90 minutes of purposeful practice towards the development of the individual's child's athletic house in the first session of the week, and in the second session of the week, children apply their athletic skills to flag football modified games.
Who is the KSAF&F Program for?
- Open to girls and boys in grades 2nd to 8th
- The KSAF&F program is inclusive to all kids eager to develop their athletic skills and to then immediately apply these skills to the game of flag football.
- The KSAF&F program is also a great pre-season preparatory program for all summer and fall sports including those interested in playing tackle football.
- Registration Fee: $65
- Registration Fee with Free Lunch Scholarship Discount: $40
Registration Fee for Only Sunday Sessions: $32
Registration Fee for only Sunday Sessions with Free Lunch Scholarship Discount: $20
Friday, April 29th, 2016