Note for teams entering KIDSPORTS End of Season Tournaments:
- · Only KIDSPORTS officially rostered regular season teams are eligible for tournament play.
- · As a reminder and as stated in 2.04 of the KIDSPORTS Program and Coach Handbook: Tournament play requires that coaches play only athletes on their official roster in KIDSPORTS' regular season games and official tournaments.
- · Any use of a non - rostered player (even if they are officially rostered on another KIDSPORTS team) is a severe breach of ethics and is grounds for immediate dismissal and game forfeiture. There is never a permissible reason to use a player that is not on the roster. If the coach has any questions he/she should speak with the KIDSPORTS Sports Manager.
- · Coaches please make sure you are registering for the tournament with your official regular season roster. Lineup cards are required for tournament play.
2012 Volleyball Tournament Coaches Guide
Overall format of the tournament will have teams start in pools (approx. 4 teams per pool with placement based on regular season win-loss records). Each team will play a round robin of games against the other teams in their pool. Pool play games will NOT be full matches. They will consist of a single game to 25 points (rally scoring, must win by 2). Home team is determined by coin flip before each game. Coaches must be prepared to provide a linesperson and a scorekeeper for each game.
Substitution Rules/Playing Requirements during pool play:
5th Grade - Follow regular season match requirements/rotations.
6th, 7th-8th Grade SILVER AND BRONZE LEVELS -- Six players start the game and stay in the game until either team reaches 9 points. At that point, all players that haven't played yet must enter the game and play until either team reaches 18 points. After that, use normal high school substitution rules (no libero) until the completion of the game to 25 points (win by 2).
6th, 7th-8th Grade GOLD LEVEL - Follow regular season match requirements (high school
substitution rules). All players must get at least the minimum playing time required.
The results of pool play (ranked by win-loss records) will be used to place teams in elimination brackets (1 or 2 matches per team). Bracket play matches will be best 2 out of 3 games (following regular season match rules, except no time limit is applied). Home team is determined by coin flip before each match. Coaches must be prepared to provide a linesperson and a scorekeeper for each match.
Substitution Rules/Playing Requirements during bracket play:
Follow regular season match requirements.
Tie-Breakers to determine rankings in pool play:
1. Head to Head Results
2. Cumulative point differential during pool play
3. Coin Toss
Pre-Game Warm Up:
We ask that all teams be ready to take the court for warm-ups immediately following completion of the preceding game. Warm-up time will be limited to three minutes if the previous game extends into your starting time.
Line Up Cards:
Line up cards are required and will be available at the tournament site; ask the gym supervisor for assistance.
When your season is over, KIDSPORTS staff will be available for equipment return at the tournament site. Returning your equipment at this time will save you a trip to the office later.