"JOIN THE TEAM"
Become a part of the KIDSPORTS Family - volunteer to be a KIDSPORTS Coach
There are many different coaching opportunities for all of our upcoming sports - and there just may be an opportunity that fits for you.
Whether you are an experienced coach, or someone who has no experience coaching - KIDSPORTS now offers FREE coach training certification. It's our goal, to help you become the best coach that you can be.
Note: KIDSPORTS Coaches volunteer their time to coach practices and games for their team free of charge. We don't condone payment to our coaches for their service during a KIDSPORTS season.
We are currently seeking interested volunteers to "JOIN THE TEAM" and become Certified KIDSPORTS Coaches. What exactly is a Certified KIDSPORTS Coach? What it means to be a Certified KIDSPORTS Coach includes:
- All KIDSPORTS Coaches will receive FREE online training to become certified as a "Double-Goal Coach" through the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA)
- All KIDSPORTS Coaches will have the opportunity to attend FREE Sport Specific Coaching Clinics
- All KIDSPORTS Coaches receive FREE online concussion awareness training
- All KIDSPORTS Coaches are required to pass a FREE criminal background check yearly
- All KIDSPORTS Coaches sign and are held to a KIDSPORTS "Coach Code of Ethics Contract"
We invite you to continue to help keep KIDSPORTS a safe and successful place for kids to grow; and learn about sports with all the great lessons they provide - and we will continue to offer them the best team sports experience around.
Coaching youth sports can be one of the most engaging and rewarding experiences of a lifetime. When you coach a KIDSPORTS team you are taking the opportunity to give back to your community; share your knowledge with kids in a safe, positive and supportive way; and making a difference in kids' lives.
Along with parents and schools, coaches are keys to developing character in children. Children who are coached responsibly in sport achieve better grades, are less likely to engage in dangerous behavior, live longer, and healthier lives due to improved fitness they carry forward from youth sports.
"JOIN THE TEAM" and help us provide a great experience for our kids - for now, and for the next 50 years and beyond.
Area Sports Managers:
Lauren Kondak (Sheldon & North Eugene)
Matt Brown (Churchill & Willamette)
Tanya McDanniel (Springfield & South Eugene)